Table of Contents
How do you use eruption in a sentence?
1 The eruption of a volcano is spontaneous. 2 The place was recently visited by a serious volcanic eruption. 3 It was the biggest eruption of Vesuvius for some years. 4 The extinct volcano’s eruption would mean a cataclysm for the city.
What is meaning of erupting?
1a(1) : to burst from limits or restraint. (2) of a tooth : to emerge through the gum. b : to force out or release suddenly and often violently something (such as lava or steam) that is pent up. c : to become active or violent especially suddenly : break forth war could erupt at any moment the audience erupted in …
What is eruption example?
Types of eruptions
- Hydrothermal eruption. An eruption driven by the heat in a hydrothermal systems.
- Phreatic eruption. An eruption driven by the heat from magma interacting with water.
- Phreatomagmatic eruption.
- Strombolian and Hawaiian eruptions.
- Vulcanian eruptions.
- Subplinian and Plinian eruptions.
What type of word is eruption?
an issuing forth suddenly and violently; outburst; outbreak. Geology.
What is a sentence with erupt?
The crowd erupted in cheers and applause. Sparks and blue fire erupted around the door until it glowed red. The inmates erupted into cheers.
Is irruption a word?
a breaking or bursting in; a violent incursion or invasion.
What is the verb form of eruption?
erupt. (intransitive) To eject something violently (such as lava or water, as from a volcano or geyser).
What is the most powerful type of eruption?
The stronger eruptive types are Pelean eruptions, followed by Plinian eruptions; the strongest eruptions are called “Ultra-Plinian.” Subglacial and phreatic eruptions are defined by their eruptive mechanism, and vary in strength.
How do you use the word volcano in a sentence?
a mountain formed by volcanic material.
- Lava from the volcano was flowing down the hillside.
- The long-dormant volcano has recently shown signs of erupting.
- Flames blazed out from the crater of the volcano.
- The volcano has been inactive for 50 years.
- The volcano could erupt at any time.
What is a good sentence for the word fractious?
1. Nancy was in a fractious mood. 2. Children become fractious when they are tired.