Table of Contents
- 1 What can tourists do in Cameroon?
- 2 What’s famous about Cameroon?
- 3 Who is the most famous person in Cameroon?
- 4 Which town is the cleanest town in Cameroon?
- 5 What is Cameroon best known for?
- 6 Which town is the biggest town in Cameroon?
- 7 What are some landmarks in Cameroon?
- 8 Where is Cameron in Africa?
What can tourists do in Cameroon?
Here are the top 20 attractions you can’t miss.
- Bimbia Slave Port. Ruins, Archaeological site.
- Ekom-Nkam Falls. Natural Feature.
- Mount Fako. Hiking Trail, Hill Station, Natural Feature.
- Waza National Park. Natural Feature, Forest.
- Rom Rock. Natural Feature.
- Bafut Palace. Building.
- Sabga Hill. Natural Feature.
- Limbe Botanic Garden.
What is the most visited place in Cameroon?
Travelers are voting Mount Cameroons, Mamfe and Yaounde as the best of 107 tourist attractions in Cameroon. Also popular are Kribi and Limbe in Cameroon and Douala International Airport in Tiko.
What’s famous about Cameroon?
Buea is the capital of the Southwest region, and home to Mount Cameroon, a spectacular, active volcano standing 4023 metres (13,000 feet) above sea level. Mount Cameroon is one of the largest volcanoes in Africa, the highest peak in West Africa, and the fourth-highest peak in all of Africa.
Which is the most beautiful city in Cameroon?
1. Yaounde. West Africa is known for its beautiful cities, Cameroon’s capital Yaounde certainly is one of it. Yaounde is perfectly planned to be spread over seven hills.
Who is the most famous person in Cameroon?
Top 10 Most Famous Cameroonian people of all time
- Samuel Eto’o – Retired Footballer. Mayorov Vladimir – Wikimedia.
- Roger Milla – Retired Footballer.
- Anne-Marie Nzié – Singer.
- Charlotte Dipanda – Singer.
- Marthe Ekemeyong – Writer & Activist.
- Alex Song – Footballer.
- Francis Ngannou – Mixed Martial Artist.
- Richard Bona – Musician.
Is Cameroon safe for tourists?
OVERALL RISK : HIGH. Generally speaking, Cameroon isn’t a safe country. It has its fair share of street crime, terrorism, diseases and natural hazards. If you do travel there, apply maximum measures of precaution in order to lessen the chances of something going wrong.
Which town is the cleanest town in Cameroon?
The Limbe 1 Council in the South West region has been awarded the prize for the cleanest city in Cameroon worth FCFA 150 million ahead of Douala I and Yaounde V in the Littoral and Centre regions respectively.
Who is the richest person in Cameroon?
Kate Kanyi-Tometi Fotso is a Cameroonian businesswoman who founded the largest cocoa exporter in Cameroon. Fotso, according to Forbes Africa, is the richest woman in Cameroon and the 20th richest person in the African Francophonie.
What is Cameroon best known for?
Cameroon is well known for its native music styles, particularly Makossa and Bikutsi, and for its successful national football team. It is a member state of the African Union, the United Nations, the Commonwealth of Nations, Non-Aligned Movement and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
What language do they speak in Cameroon?
Cameroonians speak mostly French and English, which are foreign but official languages and part of an entrenched separatist conflict that has cost about 3,000 lives since 2017.
Which town is the biggest town in Cameroon?
In 2015, approximately 2.77 million people lived in Douala, making it the biggest city in Cameroon.
What is tourism like in Cameroon?
Tourism in Cameroon. Tourists climbing Mount Cameroon , Southwest Province . Tourism in Cameroon is a growing but relatively minor industry. Since the 1970s, the government of Cameroon has cultivated the industry by creating a ministry of tourism and by encouraging investment by airlines, hotels, and travel agencies.
What are some landmarks in Cameroon?
Natural landmarks of Cameroon. Cliff formations. Kola Gorges – North. Narrow and impressive, some 4 km long gorge. Depth of gorge is 30 – 35 m, it ends with some 20 m tall waterfall and cave. Rhumsiki volcanic plugs – Far North.
What is Cameroon tourism?
Tourism in Cameroon is an increasingly small but relatively small industry. Since the 1970s, the Cameroon government has developed the industry by creating a tourism ministry and encouraging investments made by airline, hotel and travel agencies.
Where is Cameron in Africa?
Cameroon ( /ˌkæməˈruːn/ (listen); French: Cameroun ), officially the Republic of Cameroon (French: République du Cameroun ), is a country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Nigeria to the west and north; Chad to the northeast; the Central African Republic to the east; and Equatorial Guinea ,…