Table of Contents
What interstate runs through Kansas?
Kansas Interstates: North-South interstates include: Interstate 35, Interstate 135 and Interstate 335. East-West interstates include: Interstate 70.
How many interstate highways are in Kansas?
In the heart of the U.S., the Kansas Interstate System is at the crossroads of transcontinental travel. Kansas has two major interstate routes and seven other interstate routes with a combined length of 874 miles. Drivers annually travel more than 6,770,000,000 miles on the Kansas Interstate System.
What is the shortest state highway in Kansas?
K-88. K-88, also known as 29th Terrace, is a short 0.466-mile-long (0.750 km) state highway located entirely within Marshall County in the U.S. state of Kansas.
Who is the most famous person in Kansas?
You May Be Surprised To Learn These 11 Famous People Are From Kansas
- Amelia Earhart (Atchison)
- Ed Asner (Kansas City)
- Eric Stonestreet (Kansas City)
- Vivian Vance (Cherryvale)
- Kirstie Alley (Wichita)
- Martina McBride (Sharon)
- Buster Keaton (Piqua) Wikimedia Commons.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower (raised in Abilene)
What is the busiest highway in Kansas?
As Overland Park has grown in recent years, US-69 south of 103rd Street has become the busiest four-lane highway in Kansas. On June 21, 2021, the Overland Park city council approved a toll lane to be added to both directions of US-69 between 103rd Street and 151st Street.
What is the state flower of Kansas?
What drink is Kansas known for?
Kansas: Horsefeather Think Moscow Mule, but whiskey instead of vodka.
Who is the most famous Tiktoker from Kansas?
Harding has gained over 1 million followers on the video-based media app TikTok. Harding’s profile Broisfunny on TikTok has more subscribers than any user in the state of Kansas. He’s extending his digital reach to other apps like Instagram, and now YouTube.
What two major US highways connect in KC?
The Kansas City area is a confluence of four major U.S. interstate highways:
- I-29 – North to St. Joseph, Missouri.
- I-35 – North to Des Moines, Iowa and south to Wichita, Kansas.
- I-49 – South to Joplin.
- I-70 – East to St. Louis and west to Topeka, Kansas.
What are 5 interesting facts about Kansas?
- Kansas was named after the Kansa Native Americans.
- Kansas has so many tornadoes, it has the nickname ‘Tornado Alley’.
- Kansas is the home of Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.
- The State Song of Kansas is ‘Home on the Range’.
- Smith County is the center of the 48 contiguous United States.
What fruit is Kansas known for?
Mark Samsel, R-Wellsville, has introduced House Bill 2433 to designate the watermelon — citrullus lanatus — as the official state fruit of Kansas.