Table of Contents
- 1 Which physical feature borders India to the north?
- 2 What is the northern part of India surrounded by?
- 3 What are the 5 geographic regions of India?
- 4 What are the six natural regions of India?
- 5 What are the 3 major landform regions of India?
- 6 Which is the oldest natural region of India?
- 7 Which is the most famous landform in Pakistan?
- 8 Which is the maritime border between India and Pakistan?
Which physical feature borders India to the north?
The Himalaya Mountains are located along India’s northern border. This mountain range is the highest in the world and forms a natural border between the Indian subcontinent and much of Asia.
What is the northern part of India surrounded by?
The Country is surrounded by the Bay of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west, and the Indian Ocean to the south. Lying entirely in the Northern Hemisphere, the Country extends between 8° 4′ and 37° 6′ latitudes north of the Equator, and 68° 7′ and 97° 25′ longitudes east of it.
What kind of landform is on northern side of India?
The northern part of Malwa plateau is flanked by Aravalli in the west and Vindhyas in the south. The desert of Rajasthan is situated to the north-west of Malwa plateau….5 Types of Landforms under which India can be divided on the Basis of Major Relief Factors.
|Nepal||Mount Everest||8,848 m|
What are the main landforms of India?
So without further ado, here are the five landforms of India through five exquisite destinations:
- The Great mountains through Sikkim.
- The Thar Desert through Rajasthan.
- The Great Northern Plains through Delhi.
- The Peninsular Plateau through Maharashtra.
- The Coastal Areas and Islands through Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
What are the 5 geographic regions of India?
- The northern mountains including the Himalayas and the northeast mountain ranges.
- Indo-Gangetic plains.
- Thar Desert.
- Central Highlands and Deccan Plateau.
- East Coast.
- West Coast.
- Bordering seas and islands.
What are the six natural regions of India?
India can be divided into Six physiographic or natural regions. Explanation: India peninsula is divided into six different features such as Northern Himalayas, Peninsular plateau, Indo Gangetic plains, Thar desert, The coastal plains, and island.
Where India is located in Globe?
What is the most famous landform in India?
- Himalayas. The Himalaya Mountains serve as the northern boundary of India; some of the mountains and many of the surrounding foothills are within the country.
- Ganges River. The Ganges River runs 1,560 miles, beginning in the Himalayas and flowing into the Bay of Bengal.
- Thar Desert.
- Andaman Islands.
What are the 3 major landform regions of India?
Land Regions India has three main land divisions: the Himalaya mountain system in the north; the Gangetic Plain of the Indus, Ganges, and Brahmaputra rivers; and the peninsula of southern India.
Which is the oldest natural region of India?
The Aravalli range in Rajasthan. The Aravalli Range is the oldest mountain range in India, running from northeast to southwest across Rajasthan in western India, extending approximately 500 km (310 miles). The northern end of the range continues as isolated hills and rocky ridges into Haryana, ending near Delhi.
Which is the major landform of India Mountains?
Which are the major landforms of India? Major Landforms of India Mountains – The Himalayan mountain range is a major landform in India. It borders on the Northern part of India and protects the country from foreign invasions.
Which is the northern border region of India?
The Himalaya Mountains serve as the northern boundary of India; some of the mountains and many of the surrounding foothills are within the country. You can divide the Indian Himalayas into five different regions. The region of Jammu and Kashmir has foothill plains and lakes as well as some higher peaks.
Which is the most famous landform in Pakistan?
The Indus River, one of the world’s chief waterways, cuts through the country. Pakistan can be divided into three primary topographic areas: the plain of the Indus River, the Balochistan Plateau and the northern mountains. Pakistan has a 650-mile-long coastline along the Arabian Sea, itself part of the larger Indian Ocean.
Which is the maritime border between India and Pakistan?
Maritime borders of India Maritime Border Country Force Comments Bangladesh Indian Navy New Moore Island Indonesia Indian Navy Indira Point Myanmar Indian Navy Coco Islands Pakistan Indian Navy Sir Creek